Young Leaders Circle
Become a Young Leader
The Young Leaders Circle is a young professional program of the Pacific Research Institute, a non-partisan, free market think tank based in San Francisco. The Young Leaders Circle is geared toward young professionals who are interested in public policy, state and federal politics, and discussions on industry trends through the free market lens.
The Young Leaders Circle holds speakers, panels, and networking events and regularly shares new studies, op-eds, and analysis from Pacific Research Institute scholars on current events, public policies, and more. The Young Leaders Circle believes in promoting honest, respectful discussions with thought-leaders, industry experts, and more.
Who can attend Young Leaders Circle events?
Although our events may be geared toward young professionals, we welcome anyone interested in the event or topic to attend. We welcome anyone interested in think tanks, public policy, and how current events are shaping our region.
What benefits do I get by joining?
An annual membership to the Young Leaders Circle gets you complimentary access to events throughout the year. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend Pacific Research Institute events and annual galas, too.
What type of events has the Young Leaders Circle done in the past?
The Young Leaders Circle plans a variety of different events throughout the year focusing on a range of topics from education, to fintech, and energy policies. Due to the coronavirus, webinars are currently scheduled online and through Zoom on a variety of topics and industries. Here are a few of the panelists and industries represented in previous webinars:
- Dan Caprio, Executive Chairman, The Providence Group
- Steve DelBianco, Executive Director, NetChoice
- Jim Halpert, Partner, DLA Piper
- Jarrett Diterle, Director, Commercial Freedom; Resident Senior Fellow, R Street Institute
- Judy Lloyd, Government Relations and Communications Professional
- Jennifer Barerra, Executive Vice President, California Chamber of Commerce
- Karin Bauer, MBA, Ph.D., Program Manager, UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business
- Marcos Fernandez, Ripple
- Dr. Tonja Ochonma, Education Services Specialist, Northern California Army Battalion
- Michael Olaya, Head of Dexter Online Program (Texas)
- Kerry McDonald, Fellow at the Cato Institute, author of Unschooling
- Carolyn Said, San Francisco Chronicle
- Vignesh Ganapathy, Head of Government Relations, Postmates
For more information, email Evan Harris, media relations and outreach manager and head of the Young Leaders Circle for Pacific Research Institute at [email protected].
Please note that YLC memberships are not tax deductible. To make a general donation to PRI, please click here.