The mission of the Pacific Research Institute (PRI) is to champion freedom, opportunity, and personal responsibility for all individuals by advancing free-market policy solutions.
Since its founding in 1979, PRI has remained steadfast to the vision of a free and civil society where individuals can achieve their full potential.
Put simply, public policy is too important to be left just to the experts. Individuals are the real decision makers when it comes to their schools, health care, and environment.
PRI reinforces this ideal by providing you with the information, inspiration, and opportunity to make decisions about the daily issues that matter most to you.
The Institute's activities include publications, events, media commentary, legislative testimony, and community outreach.
PRI's current program advances policy reform to achieve these goals:
- Center for Education: to provide all students with access to a quality education.
- Center for Business & Economics: to strike down barriers to economic growth and innovation.
- Center for Health Care: to provide better quality and access to health care while lowering costs.
- Center for the Environment: to sustain the trend toward a cleaner environment.
- Center for California Reform: to reinvigorate California’s entrepreneurial, self-reliant traditions.
- The Laffer Center: to educate people on free-markets and supply-side economics.
The Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy promotes the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute believes these principles are best encouraged through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government.
Worthy policy goals with such broad impact are not easily attained, and they require sustained effort and struggle. Together with its alliance of dedicated supporters, PRI is committed to leading the way toward a more free and prosperous future for all.