Today marks Giving Tuesday—a global movement to inspire generosity around the world. At the Pacific Research Institute, we are grateful to all our donors who have generously supported our work to advance market-driven policies that fulfill our mission to champion freedom, opportunity, and personal responsibility for all Americans.
We certainly have our work cut out for us. Politicians in Washington, D.C., Sacramento, and state capitols are pushing wasteful entitlements, excessive spending programs, and crippling regulations that will hinder economic growth. Our research and programs are critical to preserving the personal and economic freedoms that have made our country the most prosperous and innovative on Earth.
We hope that you will consider supporting our Campaign for America’s Future, our annual year-end fundraising effort. Our goal is to raise $300,000 by December 31st, to ensure that we can push back decisively against misguided policy proposals and reclaim economic prosperity for all Americans.
PRI is leveraging its history of success to pursue several major goals over the course of the next 12 months, including:
- launching a new film project under PRI’s Center for Education that examines the K-12 dropout problem and promotes solutions to keep students engaged in the classroom;
- enhancing our digital campaign to leverage PRI’s original research and warn Americans about what they could face if blue-state policies are enacted elsewhere or become federal policy;
- expanding our work on the rise in energy poverty in America and advancing free-market solutions to improve environmental quality without new taxes or government programs;
- continuing to expand PRI’s digital outreach through our website, weekly “Next Round” podcast, daily “Right By the Bay” blog, videos, microsites, and social media outreach; and
- growing PRI’s Center for Medical Economics and Innovation, which demonstrates the benefits that market-based reforms can offer patients and the U.S. health care system.
Over the course of the past 12 months, op-eds by PRI scholars were published more than 1,500 times in newspapers, magazines, and online media outlets, including prominent publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Washington Examiner, The Hill, San Francisco Chronicle, and the Detroit News, to name a few. PRI and its work were also mentioned in dozens of publications and our scholars have appeared on 225 radio and television programs to date this year.
Your gift in support of PRI’s Campaign for America’s Future, is a bold investment in the future of PRI. We will soon be launching a three-year Strategic Plan to expand our operating capacity and impact.
Your support is a bold investment in the future the strategic plan lays out. You will help:
- Increase PRI’s research on the negative consequences of high taxes, over-regulation, and expanding entitlements;
- Establish a Center for Urban Renewal to house PRI’s research on housing, homelessness, crime, and poverty; and
- Establish a Speaker’s Bureau of PRI scholars and writers and promote them as speakers nationwide—promulgating PRI’s mission of fighting for free-market solutions.
I hope that you will stand with us this Giving Tuesday. For information on how to support PRI’s mission, please visit www.pacificresearch.org/give/ or email [email protected]