Right by the Bay is celebrating (or lamenting) April Fool’s Day by creating the following quiz on weird and goofy laws beginning in 2019 in California. If you get a perfect score, you get a one-way ticket to Texas (April Fool’s!).
True or False:
- Surfing is now the official sport of California.
- If you want to move your bee colony to another county, you must notify that county’s agriculture commission within three days.
- If you’re an eye doctor, you can’t have more than 11 offices.
- You can now buy booze at cemeteries that are more than 100 years old.
- California native plants have priority on our highways.
- State universities must list the price of meal plans on their website.
- There’s a one chance in five that when taking the DMV test, you’ll have to answer a question on the dangers of ladders and buckets.
- Psychiatric hospitals, nursing homes, and prisons must now offer a veggie option to help curb methane gas emitted by meat options.
- Boards of publicly traded companies must include women.
- Only milk or water can be advertised to children at restaurants.
Key: All True.
Special thanks to the San Francisco Chronicle for the research.
Rowena Itchon is Senior Vice President of the Pacific Research Institute.