An April Fool’s Day Quiz
Right by the Bay is celebrating (or lamenting) April Fool’s Day by creating the following quiz on weird and goofy laws beginning in 2019 in California. If you get a perfect score, you get a one-way ticket to Texas (April Fool’s!).
True or False:
- Surfing is now the official sport of California.
- If you want to move your bee colony to another county, you must notify that county’s agriculture commission within three days.
- If you’re an eye doctor, you can’t have more than 11 offices.
- You can now buy booze at cemeteries that are more than 100 years old.
- California native plants have priority on our highways.
- State universities must list the price of meal plans on their website.
- There’s a one chance in five that when taking the DMV test, you’ll have to answer a question on the dangers of ladders and buckets.
- Psychiatric hospitals, nursing homes, and prisons must now offer a veggie option to help curb methane gas emitted by meat options.
- Boards of publicly traded companies must include women.
- Only milk or water can be advertised to children at restaurants.
Key: All True.
Special thanks to the San Francisco Chronicle for the research.
Rowena Itchon is Senior Vice President of the Pacific Research Institute.