PRI Webinar: Distance and Online-Learning Options for Parents and Children During COVID-19
Monday, May 4, 2020
Like other parts of society, education has been greatly impacted by the coronavirus, or COVID-19, as schools across America shutdown. Join Pacific Research Institute for a webinar on Monday, May 4 for an expert discussion on the coronavirus impact on education in the United States.
Pacific Research Institute has gathered a panel of policy experts, education specialists, and homeschooling practitioners.
• Lance Izumi, Pacific Research Institute Senior Director of the Center for Education
• Dr. Tonja Ochonma, Education Services Specialist, Northern California Army Battalion
• Michael Olaya, CEO of Dexter Online Program
• Kerry McDonald, Fellow at the Cato Institute, author of Unschooling
• Sarah Bailey, Love of Learning Homeschool Learning Center founder
The expert panel will look at how schools and parents have transitioned to schooling at home through the use of distance and online-learning tools and curricula. The panelists will discuss the many options available to parents and how to make good decisions as to what will best meet the needs of their children. The emphasis will be on practical information that parents and educators can use to help children learn well.